18th March 2020
Response to COVID 19
As a leading supplier of cleaning chemicals and PPE in South Africa including disinfectants, sanitizers, gloves and dust masks, we recognise our critical role in fighting the COVID 19 virus. As such, we wish to state our support of the measures put in place by the president and detail the precautions we have taken to combat the spread of the virus amongst our staff and customers.
We recognize our role to provide for
- The continued safety of our employees, clients and other parties
- The continued provision of our products critical to fighting the virus
- The support of critical industries such as food, cleaning and security who rely on our products for their daily operations
We have thus implemented the following to mitigate risk of infection in our operations
- We have ensured all persons entering our premises are provided with hand sanitizer to cleanse their hands.
- We have issued all our staff with masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- We have banned all local and international travel.
- We have plans in place should it become necessary for our sales to operate from home.
- Where possible we will allow non-sales staff to work from home.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning the premises as well as implemented a bi-weekly “deep-clean” with disinfectants.
- We are encouraging employees and clients to practice “social distancing” in accordance with recommended precautionary guidelines.
- We are monitoring employee health daily and encouraging all employees showing signs of illness to stay at home.
- We have cancelled all meetings consisting of more than 100 attendees
We continue to monitor the situation at all of our branches and will update policies as required.
Should you require any information, please feel free to contact us on 011 417 9300